Oh, how much our little ones observe! Day two of The Husband Project week-long mini-series had instructed me to leave little Post-its around the house for Jay telling him all of the things that I love and appreciate about him. I asked Hayley if she had any Post-it’s and she brought me down some heart-shaped ones not knowing what I was going to do with them. I proceeded to follow directions, and left them on his phone, the bathroom mirror, his closet door, his wallet, etc. To be honest, I wasn’t excited about this task, because I thought Jay might think it was a little cheesy, and smile out of politeness. But he actually really loved it, and kept asking if he had found them all. He also announced to the kids how much he loves their mother. Awwhhh….makes you sick, doesn’t it? The next day, I wake up, and find little notes all over the house. From whom you say? Not Jay. But they were from Hayley, my 8 year old daughter. Here are what I few of them said:
“Thank you for having fun with me!”
“You’re the best mom a child could ever have!”
“Thank you for all you do!”
“I could never have a better mom like you!”
“I love you! Best mom ever!”
“Thank you for having Hunter and Houston!”
“URA Great cook!” (What???)
“Thank you for marring (marrying) a good husband/dad!”
“Thank you for taking care of me!”
But it was one note in particular that made me cry. I have to give you a brief background so that you can understand. I recently began a morning devotional (please note - just began - I have not been good at morning devotionals for a LONG time) and am reading two books by Stormie Omartian – The Power of a Praying Wife and The Power of a Praying Parent. Very good reads- but that is a whole other blog. Hayley caught me reading the latter one and asked what I was reading. I explained how I am learning to pray for her, Hunter and Houston – and every part of their lives. We had a long discussion about this. I wasn’t sure that she even thought about it long after we talked. But that last note, the one that I mentioned earlier, read:
“Thank you for praying for Me, Houston, & Hunter”
What more can a mom ask for?
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Monkey See, Monkey Do
Posted by Christy Brockman at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









7 comments:
Oh my word Christy. You got me crying over this keyboard. That is the sweetest thing. You are so blessed to have such wonderful children and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful sister-in-law that loves my brother dearly. I love you!
I haven't heard of the series but will be looking into it. I love Power of a Praying Parent and Husband. I try to do them once a year. That was so sweet that Haley did that for you :) Glad you are enjoying your time at home...I love being home! I know how you feel about having another b/c your others were growing up. My baby is now 4 and we are trying to decide if we are going to have another (me a definite yes, Matt is a maybe)
So sweet! Glad you are enjoying being a stay at home mommy! It is the toughest job you will ever have, but as you are figuring out, it has the most rewards! Glad yall are doing well and hope your A/C gets fixed fast!
so sweet!
Christy - This is kathi Lipp - author of ther Husband Project. Would you do me a favor and send me an e-mail at kathi at kathilipp.com I would love to chat with you about something!
I love you. Thanks for this sweet post. I often wonder if my girls see things I do. Maybe one day I'll know for sure. You are the best mom!
I am in tears ... I am a little behind in reading blogs lately & am playing catch up tonight while David is at work. Who would have ever guessed the Husband Project would have impacted sweet, precious Haley? :)
Post a Comment