Monday, June 23, 2008

We found a house!

You all know how stressed I have been about the move and finding a house. Well, I'm glad to report that your prayers have worked! Jay was shown a house last week that was completely out of our price range (why it was shown to him I don't know.) However, the realtor called us before we came to town this past weekend, and told us that the builder had turned in his keys to the bank. He could no longer keep the house on the market. She called the bank, and they were willing to let it go for what was owed on the loan - which was $60K LESS than the appraised value! Yep, you heard right! So we looked at it over the weekend, made an offer, and it has been accepted. Here is the house that we got the "steal" on :




Can you believe it? It is in a really nice subdivision in Olive Branch, with a very nice elementary school. Plus, both sets of parents are pretty close by. It just fell in our lap, and has all worked out perfectly. I don't know why I ever worry. God always finds a way to take care of us. We close on July 18th, and there is SO much to do before then!





post signature

9 comments:

ashley said...

yay! not very close to me, but so glad everything is working out for you guys! it's a beautiful house!

Sherri said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for y'all. God is good......

Love you!

April said...

What a pretty house! What a great deal!

I know your family will be happy to have you back in town

Robert Channing said...

Shut up!! WOW!!!! Love it! Praise God! :)

Leslie said...

Looks like a beautiful house. Glad everything worked out for you!

Jenna McGarvey said...

WOW!!!!! It is so pretty!!! That's awesome you got a great deal. Don't you just love it when that happens!!!! I'm going to miss you at the beach!

Stacy said...

The house is gorgeous! Congrats!

Morgan Holt said...

YEA! for finding a house! I know you are relieved. Love the house but am a little jealous you got such a great deal. :) So happy for you though. I went to school in Desoto county growing up until I started Harding A. in 8th grade. I loved it. I've heard they still have a great school program down there. Now you just have to pack! Good luck!!!

Karie said...

looking forward to having you in olive branch! what subdivision/school?? e-mail me at kagreenrn2@earthlink.net